R3 has been an interesting journey so far.
The four children I have are moving along with their learning. They are a relaxed foursome who can be highly motivated and engage eagerly in discussions or at other times be distracted by something else happening. My quiet girls are speaking out more and making sure their voice is heard.
There has been definite improvement for the children in the area of comprehending the text at a higher level. The skill that has seen the most growth is the finding of evidence within the text regardless of the type of question asked. The children are learning to back up their answers with proof from the text.
The children are making more connections with the various texts based on previous experiences, similar known texts and the world around them.
The next area of focus is summarising which the children seem to struggle with when we do reciprocal reading. We will also be looking at the author's intentions and meanings behind what they have written.
The area I work in is in our MPA so I am restricted with what I can do and put up in that area so the children have two workbooks which they record things in. Our next thing is to put some of the learning up on a movable pin board.
No comments:
Post a Comment